Help with financial questions
At GenesisCare we treat you, not just your cancer. If you’re worried about your insurance and how much of your treatment it will cover, we have financial counselors on hand at each one of our radiation clinics to answer questions and provide support.
We accept most insurance plans as well as Medicare Part B, which covers physician services, including radiation therapy. In the case of some insurance providers, you will need a referral from your primary care physician. We will be happy to help you coordinate this and any other documentation you might need to become a GenesisCare patient.
Frequently asked questions
Every insurance company (plan) has a different co-pay requirement. Our office financial counselor can help you determine when you will need to provide a co-pay and how much it will be, if any.
We participate in almost all plans. However, if you cannot find us listed in your Participating Provider Directory, you can contact the office financial counselor, in each of our locations, or call the insurance plan’s Customer Service Department to confirm our participation status. This number is listed on your insurance card.
Yes, if you have Medicare Part B. It covers physician services including radiation therapy.
Yes, we accept Medicare assignment, which is the Medicare-approved amount for our services.
Medicare typically pays 80% of their allowed charge. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20%. Medicare Supplemental insurance—available through many different insurance companies—will cover a portion of or all of the remaining 20%.
We participate in most Medicare-HMO plans. However, the amount covered depends on which HMO plan you have. Our office financial counselor can help you determine that coverage amount. Or you can ask your insurance company. There should be a Customer Service Department number listed on your insurance card.
If you are in a Managed Care Plan that requires you to have a Primary Care Physician (PCP), you must obtain the referral form from your PCP and bring it with you on your first visit. If radiation therapy services need to be pre-certified, one of our qualified team members will obtain authorizations and/or pre-certification, if required by your insurance company.
Yes, we will be happy to take care of that for you. After your primary insurance provider sends us payment, we will file a supplemental claim on your behalf. Please note that supplemental insurance providers often send the payment to the patient. If we do not receive a payment from them after 60 days, we will assume that they paid you directly and will transfer the balance due to you.